Sunday 1 March 2015

Molten Metallics

The last few weeks have had a metallic theme and it's sure sign that I have a lots of work to do when I start to organise my home! With a few days off  and so much to do, I decided to revamp my desk area with a few new accessories from TK's-including an industrial metal style stool and a few bits and pieces from Orla Kiely and Emma Bridgewater for my eternal lists! My desk was made by my dad from an old cast iron sewing machine base and the verdigris storage unit was also a TK Maxx purchase for less than £20-a bargain!


My metal filing cabinet which can be seen on the right below, has flip down drawer fronts which is great for space-saving and yes, it too came from good old TK Maxx
 
I love these storage boxes and hope that they will help me in my never-ending efforts to organise my paperwork. 
 
 
I also picked up this Orla Kiely leather bag as a school bag at a bargain price of £45 from TK Maxx of course! 

But it's not just my study that's been getting the metal touch this week, my wardrobe has too. There's something so wantable about those shiny pieces in your wardrobe and the good news is you can wear them round the clock. Just because it's gold or bronze, it doesn't mean it's banned from daywear. I wear my M and S Twiggy metallic jacket day and night.
 

An extremely busy week was finished off with terrific Tapas and Tunes on Friday evening at The Guillemot in Bangor-an intimate gathering of a mixed group of revellers who all delighted in the 8 course tapas menu and BYO. As it was an early 6pm start and a terrible night, I opted for my  M and S Gold Leather dress- bought with labels still on for £20 in a second hand shop in Newcastle-still continuing my metallic theme.


This week I'll be digging out my M and S Twiggy copper metallic skirt-another brand new buy from eBay and I might even be adventurous enough to wear it to school!


And my last metallic moment for the day is my Billy Bag make-up bag-£9.99 from TK Maxx which could even double up as a clutch bag.
That's all for tonight so dig out all your metallics to brighten up that gloomy Monday morning and I'll catch up again soon. Don't forget to leave me some comments and feedback and some of your own  tips on life and all things lovely. 
Tracy x 






4 comments:

  1. I love the stool in the first image, TK is is always a good place to find a bargain or two.

    Sam, SPRKSAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's hard to beat! Thank you for your comments. Tx

      Delete
  2. just found your blog. loved having a read through, really like your storage boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much-new to this so still finding my feet. Storage boxes also from TK Maxx. Tx

    ReplyDelete