Wednesday 1 April 2015

I Dream of Daniel...


Okay, so I didn't quite dream of Daniel Craig, but I did think about him-and all the other James Bonds- as I prepared to make a trip to London last week. I was due to attend the Into Film Awards Ceremony at Leicester Square after attending the Bond in Motion exhibition at the Film Museum, Covent Garden. My dilemma centred around what to wear as I needed something which would be suitable for travelling to London, walking between various venues and attending the awards ceremony.-all in one day-so was delighted to find a few Fenn, Wright and Mason coordinates in my fav TK Maxx- matching cropped trousers, top and skirt but was still struggling to decide which jacket, bag and shoes to wear.



In the end I opted for matching trousers and top with flat pumps for daytime with heels packed in my hand luggage to make a quick change as we arrived at the ceremony.
Although the purpose of the trip was to attend the awards (which we won, by the way!),
 I thoroughly enjoyed the Bond in Motion exhibition-even though I'm not a big Bond fan. The exhibition consists of the original iconic vehicles which feature in all 23 movies, accompanied by film footage of clips featuring the vehicles. The upper mezzanine in the museum features examples of never-before-seen concept art and storyboards-a must for any Bond fans!


As the weather started to show signs of Spring this week, I decided to stick with my cropped trousers and dug out a few items from the end of last summer-all purchased in Boden's sale. Cropped trousers are great at this time of the year-still too nippy to bare legs in their entirety but we have all had enough of tights/socks/boots at this stage. a pair of brogues of flat pumps and ta-da-ready for Spring.
 
 As a lover of Roald Dahl and all things crafty, I couldn't resist snapping up these scrap booking/card making kits recently. The images are wonderful and with 100s of sheets of patterned paper, stamps, ribbons, labels, notelets and blank cards, I'm hoping I'll never again have the last minute dash for a birthday card. The packs also consist of alphabet letters, stickers and sheets printed with extracts from your favourite Dahl novels providing hours of creative fun. I also bought one of the miniature scrap booking kits which I intend to bring on holiday with us this week-something for my 8 year old to do out of the sun which doesn't involve Minecraft!




2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog, can't wait to hear about your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules-I'll try to post while away Tx

    ReplyDelete