Wednesday 28 September 2016

Stars, Stripes and Storage in Robbie's Bedroom Makeover.

At one point I had a dream of knocking down a wall between our bedroom and the neighbouring spare bedroom to turn it into a dressing room. This was a dream I did not share with my husband who would immediately view this plan as a nightmare as opposed to my dream! This 'plan' was quickly scuppered when Robbie decided that he wanted to move into this room as opposed to updating his own single room into more of a boys' 'tween' room. This was the bedroom where my mum would have stayed when she was visiting and I must admit I did shed a tear when Robbie said that he felt 'close to Nanny' there.
Although we had arranged for our painter to carry out the work while we were in Spain during the summer, that was all we had done in advance of the bedroom makeover-the furniture was remaining and the striped floor boards needed no work. Also, I was determined to complete the makeover on the minimum of budgets, having just spent 5 weeks eating and drinking in Spain!
On the first day home from holidays, I was keen to get going so was delighted when I nipped into TK Maxx and found this American Freshman range which was perfect with the white walls and pine furnishings.They also had the co-ordinating cushions, floor cushion and throw which I just had to buy.


The red 'boom' sign is from Next, the anglepoise lamp from Homebase and the Lego clock was a present from a friend.
    

                                          

The pin boards, light up '&' sign, industrial wall rack, chalkboard and number pegs and wooden letters are all from TK Maxx and started life in other parts of the home.

                                  


In order to give the wardrobe a quick makeover, I replaced the white ceramic, heart-shaped knobs with some leather ones which I picked up in Zara Home, Spain for €2.99  for two!
        

       

The star light came from Home Bargains and started life in the living room last Christmas.

                             

                            
                                                        
Robbie's ever-growing collection of books means that I am constantly looking for new ways to store them-book cases are now over-flowing so have used some old suitcases to house them.
          
          
         
The light box came from Home Bargains, £9.99, and the 'BOOK' bookends can from TK Maxx. The old suitcases were picked up in a local charity shop.

The set of 3 star mats are from Next and were a bargain at £15.00
         
 
 I still have to get a few pictures up onto the walls but in the meantime Robbie is delighted with his make-over which was as cheap as chips and much more 'tween'-friendly!





     










No comments:

Post a Comment